Developing a consistent exercise routine does wonders for our health, but it can be difficult to remain motivated before and during the workout.
Let’s admit it, the act of exercising itself is usually not pleasant. We do it predominantly for the results and future health benefits, but it can be tough to get through the fatigue and pain of the actual physical exercises.
That’s why most people look for ways to take their minds off the actual work, normally by listening to music.
Music not only presents a distraction but also yields the inspiration and stimulation required to maximize effort. You might not feel like hitting the gym today, but put on your best music and all of a sudden you’re energized and ready to go.
This is where hearing aids can be useful for those with hearing loss.
With compatible hearing aid models, you can stream your favorite music straight from your music player or smartphone to your hearing aids—without any wires getting in the way.
As an alternative, if you’re in the learning mode, you can also stream your favorite podcasts or online courses, enhancing both your mental and physical health at the same time.
Have a workout partner instead?
Today’s hearing aid models, furnished with directional microphones, target and enhance speech while curbing background noise, making it easier to maintain a conversation with your partner in a hectic gym.
For all these reasons hearing aids are essential gym equipment, but you may be worried about potential damage to the device from perspiration and moisture.
While most hearing aid models are resistant to dirt and wetness to some extent, there are some accessories you can use to preserve your hearing aids at the gym.
Consider investing in:
- Hearing aid sweatbands – these absorbent sleeves fit over your hearing aids, shielding them from sweat and dirt.
- Hearing aid clips – helps to prevent damage or loss if your hearing aids become unintentionally dislodged from your ears.
- Batteries – retaining an extra pair on hand ensures you won’t run out of power mid-workout.
- Cleaning kits – helps clean and sanitize your hearing aids after your workout.
- Hearing aid dehumidifier – worth investing in for three reasons: dehumidifiers 1) eliminate moisture, 2) sanitize using UV light, and 3) supply a safe place for overnight storage.
With a little care and planning, you can safely enjoy all the benefits of hearing aids at the gym.
If you have any questions, or want to learn more about hearing aid accessories for the gym, send us a message or give us a call!