Subtle changes in your hearing can be difficult to notice because of how slowly hearing loss usually progresses. Unlike children, who get regular hearing tests in school, adults seldom even consider scheduling an appointment. You wouldn’t dismiss a decline in your eyesight, so why wouldn’t you keep an eye on your hearing health?
Here are 6 reasons to get your hearing tested regularly:
- Spotting the Signs: Potential hearing problems can be revealed by everyday situations. Do you frequently need people to repeat themselves? Do you have a hard time hearing in noisy settings? Are you frequently turning up the volume on your TV? It’s time for you to get your hearing tested if you replied yes to most of these questions.
- Following Guidelines: Until you turn 50, you should get a hearing exam every decade and every 3 years after that, as recommended by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
- Family History Matters: If other members of your family have hearing loss, this is a good reason to schedule a hearing test with us.
- Establishing a Baseline: We will use baselines, which will provide a reference frame for further comparison to track changes to your hearing over time.
- Early Diagnosis and Treatment: Problems, such as earwax accumulation, or noise-induced hearing loss, can be identified early on by routine hearing exams, preventing additional damage.
- Diagnose Medical Conditions: Underlying medical conditions, like kidney disease, cardiovascular disease, or high blood pressure can on occasion be revealed by hearing loss. If you do have one of these conditions, treating it might help your hearing.
Your physical safety, emotional well-being, and social life are some of the far-reaching consequences of untreated hearing loss. Staying alert to important sounds of your environment, enjoying social situations, and being able to fully take part in conversations, are all examples of how hearing aids can enhance your overall quality of life.
Don’t miss out on important work meetings, the laughter of your grandchildren, or a loved one’s voice.
Schedule a hearing exam with us right away to safeguard your hearing health and rediscover the sounds that enhance your life.